posted March 25, 2023
Job Summary: Maintains the kitchen, dish washing room and employee break room in a clean, sanitary and organized condition by performing a variety of cleaning job duties.
- Loads dishes, glassware and pots & pans in the proper rack of the dishwasher.
- Operates dish washing machine in a safe manner in accordance with operating instructions.
- Unloads clean dishes, glassware and pots & pans from the dishwasher.
- Sweeps and mops floors. Keeps floors clean and dry and picks up wet spills immediately.
- Cleans walls, counters, tables, racks, sinks, and floor mats in the kitchen, dish washing room.
- Polishes stainless steel.
- Cleans ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents according to schedule or as requested by supervisor.
- Empties trash cans, washes out and returns to kitchen.
Education and Experience
- Previous related experience preferred but not required
Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand and walk about for entire shift, bend, stoop, twist, reach, use fingers, kneel, talk, hear, grasp and perform repetitive motions
- Ability push, pull, lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs.
65 Room Hotel
Planters Inn is an acclaimed luxury boutique hotel in Charleston, South Carolina, that combines elegant Southern style with contemporary sophistication on the corner of Market and Meeting Street.
Planters Inn is South Carolina’s only Relais & Châteaux Hotel. Our historic hotel is an oasis of beauty and gentility for guests who appreciate luxury, personal space, and added privacy. Home to the Peninsula Grill Restaurant which has earned Forbes Four Stars and AAA Four Diamonds for more than 20 years and our famous 12-layer Ultimate Coconut Cake, a legendary dessert that has earned praise from scores of national magazines and television shows.
The Planters Inn is a Northwood Hospitality Hotel that delivers a carefully curated guest experience.
Integrity, Collaboration, Passion
We understand that our people are the hallmark of our success. Our people are the most important assets we have. We are committed to developing talent and building high performance leadership. We understand that the sum of our collective talents and efforts helps us achieve greater results ant thrive. Together is how we succeed.
At The Planters Inn, we value our team members and are committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
112 N. Market Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Telephone (843) 722-2345
Managed by Northwood Hospitality