posted March 25, 2023
Job Summary: Cleans hotel guest rooms and/ or other assigned areas in a timely and organized manner to ensure guest satisfaction at Planters Inn.
- Cleans and services assigned guest rooms in a timely and organized manner according to procedures and standards.
- Reports any room unable to be serviced within appropriate time standards to supervisor.
- Reports needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Responds to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintains linen cart and supplies neat and organized to department standards.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Adapts to new job situation and information quickly. Handles multiple assignments and changes.
- Reports lost and found articles to manager/supervisor.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress according to standards.
- Adds to acquired job skills, education, work experience, and knowledge.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- May be required to work nights.
- Will be required to work weekends and holidays.
- May be asked to work overtime.
- Must be able to do the following: walking, unlocking, opening, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending and stretching through scheduled shift.
- Able to operate a vacuum cleaner.
- Lift and pull items weighing as much as 25 pounds and pull/ push up to 100 pounds.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, stressful environment at times.
- 401k after 90 days, fully vested, company match to 3%
- Medical (4 plan choices)
- Dental (2 Plan choices)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Awesome Paid Time Off policy
- Northwood Hospitality Discounts
Planters Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support and encourage diversity in the workplace.
65 Room Hotel
Planters Inn is an acclaimed luxury boutique hotel in Charleston, South Carolina, that combines elegant Southern style with contemporary sophistication on the corner of Market and Meeting Street.
Planters Inn is South Carolina’s only Relais & Châteaux Hotel. Our historic hotel is an oasis of beauty and gentility for guests who appreciate luxury, personal space, and added privacy. Home to the Peninsula Grill Restaurant which has earned Forbes Four Stars and AAA Four Diamonds for more than 20 years and our famous 12-layer Ultimate Coconut Cake, a legendary dessert that has earned praise from scores of national magazines and television shows.
The Planters Inn is a Northwood Hospitality Hotel that delivers a carefully curated guest experience.
Integrity, Collaboration, Passion
We understand that our people are the hallmark of our success. Our people are the most important assets we have. We are committed to developing talent and building high performance leadership. We understand that the sum of our collective talents and efforts helps us achieve greater results ant thrive. Together is how we succeed.
At The Planters Inn, we value our team members and are committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
112 N. Market Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Telephone (843) 722-2345
Managed by Northwood Hospitality