posted March 25, 2023
Provides professional, attentive and efficient service to guests throughout the entire check-in and check-out process in order to exceed guests' expectations. This position works the overnight shift. Full Time or Part Time shifts are available.
- Welcomes every guest on arrival at the hotel in a professional manner, executing all brand standards during the check-in process.
- Registers guests to the hotel, verifying reservation, address and credit information and then assigns rooms.
- Books reservations for guests that call or approach the front desk.
- Accepts payments. Processes cash and credit card transactions according to established policies and procedures.
- Maintains a house bank. Prepares accurate report of receipts and makes daily deposit.
- Checks guests out of the hotel at the completion of their stay.
- Responds to guests' requests promptly. Promotes hotel's services, facilities and outlets and provides guests with directions and information on local attractions and restaurants.
- Resolves minor guest complaints promptly and professionally. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Informs supervisor of major issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic computer and math skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overnight hours, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, reach, grasp, walk, hear, see, talk and perform repetitive motions
- Ability to push, pull, carry, lift or otherwise move up to 10 lbs.
- 401k after 90 days, fully vested, company match to 3%
- Medical (4 plan choices)
- Dental (2 Plan choices)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Awesome Paid Time Off policy
- Northwood Hospitality Discounts
EEO and ADA Statements
Planters Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
65 Room Hotel
Planters Inn is an acclaimed luxury boutique hotel in Charleston, South Carolina, that combines elegant Southern style with contemporary sophistication on the corner of Market and Meeting Street.
Planters Inn is South Carolina’s only Relais & Châteaux Hotel. Our historic hotel is an oasis of beauty and gentility for guests who appreciate luxury, personal space, and added privacy. Home to the Peninsula Grill Restaurant which has earned Forbes Four Stars and AAA Four Diamonds for more than 20 years and our famous 12-layer Ultimate Coconut Cake, a legendary dessert that has earned praise from scores of national magazines and television shows.
The Planters Inn is a Northwood Hospitality Hotel that delivers a carefully curated guest experience.
Integrity, Collaboration, Passion
We understand that our people are the hallmark of our success. Our people are the most important assets we have. We are committed to developing talent and building high performance leadership. We understand that the sum of our collective talents and efforts helps us achieve greater results ant thrive. Together is how we succeed.
At The Planters Inn, we value our team members and are committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
112 N. Market Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Telephone (843) 722-2345
Managed by Northwood Hospitality