posted March 25, 2023
Job Summary: Provides prompt, courteous and professional food and beverage service to guests in the Forbes Four Star Gallery Restaurant that exceeds guests’ expectations and meets company, Forbes and brand standards.
- Promptly and warmly welcomes guests to the restaurant.
- Describes menu items and specials as well as methods of preparation. Responds knowledgeably to any questions.
- Upsells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
- Communicates with back-of-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated.
- Provides efficient table service throughout meal.
- Serves menu items to guests promptly according to established service standards.
- Follows up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Operates P.O.S. system to prepare guests' checks and process payment.
- Performs pre- and post-shift side work, including stocking service station, making coffee, etc.
- Maintains the dining room in a neat and orderly fashion throughout shift. Assists server assistants with table set-up/clean-up during busy periods.
Education and Experience
- Prior food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations, preferably in a four or five star restaurant or hotel
- Micros experience helpful
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at one time
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Basic math skills for cash handling
- Although this position primarily works the dinner shift, must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand and walk during entire shift, talk, hear, reach, bend grasp and perform repetitive motions
- Ability to push, pull, lift, carry or otherwise move items up to 40lbs
- 401k after 90 days, fully vested, company match to 3%
- Medical (4 plan choices)
- Dental (2 Plan choices)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Awesome Paid Time Off policy
- Northwood Hospitality Discounts
EEO and ADA Statements
The Peninsula Grill at The Planters Inn is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
65 Room Hotel
Planters Inn is an acclaimed luxury boutique hotel in Charleston, South Carolina, that combines elegant Southern style with contemporary sophistication on the corner of Market and Meeting Street.
Planters Inn is South Carolina’s only Relais & Châteaux Hotel. Our historic hotel is an oasis of beauty and gentility for guests who appreciate luxury, personal space, and added privacy. Home to the Peninsula Grill Restaurant which has earned Forbes Four Stars and AAA Four Diamonds for more than 20 years and our famous 12-layer Ultimate Coconut Cake, a legendary dessert that has earned praise from scores of national magazines and television shows.
The Planters Inn is a Northwood Hospitality Hotel that delivers a carefully curated guest experience.
Integrity, Collaboration, Passion
We understand that our people are the hallmark of our success. Our people are the most important assets we have. We are committed to developing talent and building high performance leadership. We understand that the sum of our collective talents and efforts helps us achieve greater results ant thrive. Together is how we succeed.
At The Planters Inn, we value our team members and are committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
112 N. Market Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Telephone (843) 722-2345
Managed by Northwood Hospitality