posted March 25, 2023
The Sous Chef is responsible for the daily operations of the Food & Beverage in the outlets. Coordinates, plans and supervises the production, preparation and presentation of food to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced in a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Supervises the production, preparation and presentation of all food as assigned by the Executive Chef to ensure that a quality, consistent product is produced.
- Supervises and assists staff in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen.
- Monitors and controls the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy and sanitary work environment.
- Monitors and controls all labor and food costs through scheduling, training, and supervising the production of food to ensure budgets are met while quality is maintained.
- Assists in creating and planning menus and daily specials.
Note: May be assigned other duties by supervisor or Manager
Education and Experience
- 1 - 2 years of post-high school education
- 3 - 4 years of related culinary experience
- Supervisory experience
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand and move about kitchen for extended periods, walk, sit, kneel, talk, hear, grasp, and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to push, pull, list, carry or otherwise move objects throughout course of shift, including food products and small equipment.
EEO and ADA Statements
The Planters Inn and Peninsula Grill is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to maintaining a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
65 Room Hotel
Planters Inn is an acclaimed luxury boutique hotel in Charleston, South Carolina, that combines elegant Southern style with contemporary sophistication on the corner of Market and Meeting Street.
Planters Inn is South Carolina’s only Relais & Châteaux Hotel. Our historic hotel is an oasis of beauty and gentility for guests who appreciate luxury, personal space, and added privacy. Home to the Peninsula Grill Restaurant which has earned Forbes Four Stars and AAA Four Diamonds for more than 20 years and our famous 12-layer Ultimate Coconut Cake, a legendary dessert that has earned praise from scores of national magazines and television shows.
The Planters Inn is a Northwood Hospitality Hotel that delivers a carefully curated guest experience.
Integrity, Collaboration, Passion
We understand that our people are the hallmark of our success. Our people are the most important assets we have. We are committed to developing talent and building high performance leadership. We understand that the sum of our collective talents and efforts helps us achieve greater results ant thrive. Together is how we succeed.
At The Planters Inn, we value our team members and are committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
112 N. Market Street
Charleston, SC 29401
Telephone (843) 722-2345
Managed by Northwood Hospitality