posted August 31, 2023
I. Job Summary
The Night Auditor is responsible for the audit, balance and consolidation of departmental ledger accounts, preparation of various hotel operating reports and performing the duties of Front Desk for the evening hours.II. Job ResponsibilitiesGuest Communication
- Greet and make all guests feel welcomed to the property.
- Register guests and assign rooms.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Respond to phone calls.
- Welcome and effectively resolve guest questions, issues and complaints.
- Post all daily room and outstanding charges.
- Balance all revenue totals of cash and credits against revenue report.
- Accept revenue and floats from restaurant, ensuring that these are securely locked away.
- Prepare hotel operating reports and complete audit package to laid-down standards.
- Correct any errors or omissions made by cashiers.
- Prepare credit card/charge card summaries and post to ledger account.Perform other duties as assigned.
226 Room Hotel
Welcome to The Darcy
The Darcy is an eclectic, 226-room boutique hotel in the heart of Washington, DC, providing chic accommodations, distinctive dining, and over 7,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Classically American but with a European sensibility, The Darcy offers an authentic, original, and local experience that allows our guests to immerse themselves in community.
Discover our Nation's Capital with thoughful amenties. Cruise from Georgetown to Capitol Hill with our courtesy bike and scooter rentals, make it a family affair and keep the kids entertained with our Darcy Daypacks, and relax after a day of sightseeing with our complimentary daily cocktail hour featuring local products or enjoy an in-room crafted cocktail from our talented mixologists. Be prepared for any occasion with our Haberdashery - a guest wardrobing suitcase of high-end men’s accessories for borrow or purchase, get the right fit with custom tailoring, and grab that last minute gift for someone special with our semimonthly pop-up flower shop. At The Darcy, we make sure you don’t miss home.