posted November 17, 2023
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Informs Manager or MOD, when new bottles of liquor or supplies are needed.
* Recognizes levels of intoxication and prevents customers from becoming intoxicated.
* Turns on / off any promotional signage
* Maintains a safe work environment at all times.
* Informs customer about current bar specials.
* Restocks bar supplies, such as dry goods, all glassware, all juices, sodas, and garnishes.
* Ensure that the cleanliness of the bar and lounge areas and equipment, TV, mirrors, signs, tables, chairs, stainless steel are maintained.
* Cleans all bar tables, ashtrays and wipes clean.
* Checks chairs for spills.
* Maintains and cleans all liquor and draft beer control devices.
* Records all Sales by ringing exact amounts into register.
* Reads orders from waiter/waitress and fills and directs wait staff, when to serve in bar.
* Greets customers in a courteous fashion, with world-class service in mind.
* Completes Daily Bottle Beer Reconciliation and Liquor Report, review any shortages and overages and records them for management review.
* Follow work schedule provided and review upcoming events.
* Setup bar area and seating area prior to opening.
* Checks opening inventory, notes any shortages or changes.
* Pours and Dispenses Alcoholic Beverages to Legal age guests.
* Rotates and restocks bar coolers, with inventory from walk-in cooler.
* Changes tap on empty kegs. Reports any problems or leaks to MOS.
* Cleans all surfaces during shift and at end of shift.
* Maintains security of all bar supplies and inventory.
* Maintains record of daily operations as required.
* Capable of mixing drinks according to the establishment's specified recipes
* Capable of cutting fruit into slices to be used as garnishes
* Understand alcohol safety procedures to prevent over-intoxication
* Knowledge of basic bar terminology
* Able to properly handle intoxicated patrons according to the establishments set guidelines
* Understanding of New York State Laws for required identification prior to serving alcoholic beverages
* Knowledge of basic arithmetic and monetary mathematics
* Capable of standing for several hours at a time
226 Room Hotel
Welcome to The Darcy
The Darcy is an eclectic, 226-room boutique hotel in the heart of Washington, DC, providing chic accommodations, distinctive dining, and over 7,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Classically American but with a European sensibility, The Darcy offers an authentic, original, and local experience that allows our guests to immerse themselves in community.
Discover our Nation's Capital with thoughful amenties. Cruise from Georgetown to Capitol Hill with our courtesy bike and scooter rentals, make it a family affair and keep the kids entertained with our Darcy Daypacks, and relax after a day of sightseeing with our complimentary daily cocktail hour featuring local products or enjoy an in-room crafted cocktail from our talented mixologists. Be prepared for any occasion with our Haberdashery - a guest wardrobing suitcase of high-end men’s accessories for borrow or purchase, get the right fit with custom tailoring, and grab that last minute gift for someone special with our semimonthly pop-up flower shop. At The Darcy, we make sure you don’t miss home.