posted September 5, 2023
This position is in beautiful Sedona, Arizona. Surrounded by breathtaking views of the red rocks, the Amara Resort and Spa offers majestic accommodations for travelers. A 100 room, lifestyle hotel, Amara is a destination for everyone steps away from the shops of Uptown Sedona and the sounds of the creek. Amara has been recognized as one of the Top 15 Resorts in the Southwest: Readers’ Choice Awards for 2021 by Conde Nast Traveler and has also been awarded the Wedding Wire Couples’ Choice Award for 2021.
The Restaurant Manager is a leadership position responsible for managing the restaurant operations. This position enforces compliance with operational excellence at the direction of the Restaurant Manager, while motivating employees to deliver exceptional guest service.
The Restaurant Manager will:
- Collaborate with the F&B leadership team to control costs, maximize profits, be current and provide unique dining experiences.
- Seek opportunities to establish the restaurant's prominent position within the competitive market.
- Review and analyze monthly results, highlight problem areas, and discuss these with the F&B leadership team and appropriate staff. Ensure appropriate action is taken to rectify issues.
- Participate in special events and promotional functions, maintaining a high profile with current and prospective clients.
- Be aware of current trends in the industry and make suggestions for implementation.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required and continually strive for the improvement of professional skills.
- Remain current and set expectations for enforcing the highest standards of safety, sanitation, and hygiene according to State Board of Health.
- Assess guest satisfaction by visiting with dining patrons daily and reviewing guest comments.
- Exemplify the level of guest service that is expected of all team members.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner. Coordinate all group requests and needs.
- Handle all guest complaints in a timely manner and follow up to ensure complaints or problems are resolved and action is taken to avoid recurrence.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and evaluate team member performance.
- Communicate with staff and supervisors to ensure operational needs are met so the guest experience is a positive memorable one.
- Coach team members to reinforce positive behavior and to improve performance as needed.
- Coordinate with sales department to prepare for upcoming events.
- Control labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions and inventory control.
- Maintain control systems that will assure quality and portion consistency; monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications.
- Ensure proper management of assets including china, silver, glass, food inventories, beverage inventories and equipment.
The Restaurant Manager may take on other responsibilities as needed and requested.
- Hotel/Restaurant Management Degree Preferred
- At least 3-5 years in food and beverage. 1 year of managerial experience and 1 year in hotel setting preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Possess a good command of the English language and ability to communicate with guests clearly and pleasantly, both in person and by telephone
- Strong Food and Beverage knowledge
Amara Resort and Spa is owned and operated by Northwood Hospitality. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, an employer paid life insurance policy, employer paid short-term and long-term disability coverage, and additional supplementary insurance plans. Northwood Hospitality sponsors a 401k plan with a company match. At Amara, we believe it is important to have a work life balance. Full-time, eligible employees accrue vacation time and are eligible to receive holiday pay. As a part of Northwood Hospitality, team members are eligible to receive discounts at other properties within the portfolio. Each and every day a team member arrives to work, they can expect a delicious, chef curated lunch provided free of charge. We believe our team members are empowered to act and make the right decisions. As such, we are committed to the growth and professional development of our team.
About Northwood Hospitality
At Northwood Hospitality, we understand that our people are the hallmark of our success.
Integrity: We are honest, fair, accountable, and respectful.
Collaboration: We are better when we are together.
Leadership: We are empowered to act and make the right decision for our guests and our business.
Passion: We are passionate about hospitality and serving our guests with pride.
Balance: We are focused on a balanced approach for our teams, families, and communities.
We believe people are the most important assets.
- We understand the heart of our business is our team members.
- We believe in personal empowerment.
- We are driven in developing our talented teams.
- We accept personal responsibility for our actions and results.
Amara Resort and Spa
100 Room Hotel
DISCOVER A LIVELY BOUTIQUE RESORT IN SEDONA
An experience unlike any other
Calling all outdoor-loving extroverts who need to unwind: Amara Resort & Spa is a unique combination of social hub and private refuge. Located at an elevation of 4,500 feet at the foot of vibrant Uptown Sedona, we put you within steps of eclectic shops, lauded dining and fine art galleries. Al fresco pursuits are also close by: golf, hiking, paddling, hot air ballooning and more. You can even borrow one of our mountain bikes to hit the trails.
When you return to our hidden retreat, you’ll find many temping ways to decompress and unwind. Bask in the sun at our infinity-edge pool, enjoy a heavenly massage at the Spa, compare notes with fellow hikers on the courtyard or take in a nightcap while cozying up to one of the outdoor fire pits under the stars.
Welcome to your Sedona dream come true.