posted November 9, 2023
Director of Sales and Marketing
Director of Sales & Marketing
Recognized as a Top 15 Resort in the Southwest for 2021 by Conde Nast Traveler, Amara Resort and Spa offers majestic accommodations for travelers. This position is in beautiful Sedona, Arizona, surrounded by breathtaking views of the red rocks. A 100 room, lifestyle hotel, Amara is a destination for everyone steps away from the shops of Uptown Sedona and the sounds of the creek.
The Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) will seek out and engage with clients both leisure and group and sell with confidence. This position will develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel, including securing new accounts and maintaining existing accounts, to maximize the profitability of the hotel and maintain guest satisfaction. DOSM will facilitate sales of hotel guest rooms, catering services, and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues and profits. DOSM will establish client base of organizations, associations, and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales efforts.
- Oversee and manage all activities of on-site and remote sales and service team for 100 room lifestyle boutique destination resort and spa with 5,000 sq ft of flexible event space.
- Develop and execute annual business plan including all aspects of transient, group, catering, banquets, and F&B outlet revenue streams.
- Work closely with Revenue team to achieve budgeted RevPAR index targets on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Strong mentorship, hands-on leadership and staff development skills required to grow talent from within the organization.
- Past experience working directly or overseeing top leisure travel agency-facing sales managers (i.e. Virtuoso.)
- Extensive working knowledge of Amadeus sales platform (formerly referred to as Delphi), including menu architecture, tax and fees setups, revenue center maintenance, and reporting.
- Familiarity with Opera PMS extremely helpful.
- Familiarity/ability to work with Cendyn eProposal and eMenus platform to modify Banquets and Restaurant menus as necessary.
- Extensive working knowledge of MeetingBroker, HPN, HelmsBriscoe, Cvent, and Lanyon RFP platforms.
- Solid understanding of Social Catering sales and ability to position resort as a small weddings destination.
- Firm grasp of eCommerce, Social Media, and PR functions as they relate to property. Ability to participate meaningfully in monthly eCommerce calls and drive eCommerce calendar of initiatives.
- Assist in training guest service representatives and property management team on selling skills and other sales-related training.
- Participate and/or attend hospitality and community organizations/events to include the local chamber and other community/networking events.
- Assist with ensuring all sales collateral is current, accurate and portrays a professional image for the hotel.
- Coordinate all media related to marketing (newspaper, magazines, billboards, radio, web, social-media).
- Respond to additional needs at the direction of the general manager.
- Related college degree
- 5 + years prior hotel sales experience with a proven track record of success
- Proven track record of revenue generation
- Must be willing to travel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Creative, career oriented individual
Amara Resort and Spa is owned and operated by Northwood Hospitality. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, an employee paid life insurance policy, employer paid short-term and long-term disability coverage, and additional supplementary insurance plans. Northwood Hospitality sponsors a 401k plan with a company match. At Amara, we believe it is important to have a work life balance. Full-time, eligible employees accrue vacation time, sick time, and are eligible to receive holiday pay. As a part of Northwood Hospitality, team members are eligible to receive discounts at other properties within the portfolio. Each and every day a team member arrives to work, they can expect a delicious, chef curated lunch provided free of charge. We believe our team members are empowered to act and make the right decisions. As such, we are committed to the growth and professional development of our team.
About Northwood Hospitality
At Northwood Hospitality, we understand that our people are the hallmark of our success.
Integrity: We are honest, fair, accountable and respectful.
Collaboration: We are better when we are together.
Leadership: We are empowered to act and make the right decision for our guests and our business.
Passion: We are passionate about hospitality and serving our guests with pride.
Balance: We are focused on a balanced approach for our teams, families and communities.
We believe people are the most important assets.
- We understand the heart of our business is our team members.
- We believe in personal empowerment.
- We are driven in developing our talented teams.
- We accept personal responsibility for our actions and results.
This position is a part of the Executive Committee Incentive Plan.
Amara Resort and Spa
100 Room Hotel
DISCOVER A LIVELY BOUTIQUE RESORT IN SEDONA
An experience unlike any other
Calling all outdoor-loving extroverts who need to unwind: Amara Resort & Spa is a unique combination of social hub and private refuge. Located at an elevation of 4,500 feet at the foot of vibrant Uptown Sedona, we put you within steps of eclectic shops, lauded dining and fine art galleries. Al fresco pursuits are also close by: golf, hiking, paddling, hot air ballooning and more. You can even borrow one of our mountain bikes to hit the trails.
When you return to our hidden retreat, you’ll find many temping ways to decompress and unwind. Bask in the sun at our infinity-edge pool, enjoy a heavenly massage at the Spa, compare notes with fellow hikers on the courtyard or take in a nightcap while cozying up to one of the outdoor fire pits under the stars.
Welcome to your Sedona dream come true.